Monkeys, a tomato and the boy wonder.

I heard about this epidemic going round and thought to myself, "hmmm. I got to get me some of that".

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Say again, you lost me. Usability 1

In my line of work, and because of my nature and ability to use both my right and left brain pretty evenly, I have to understand the relationship of technology and usability; creativity and usability; and technology and creativity. I love usability and creating functionality, for which the heart is usability. If you want something to function it needs to be usable. If it's not usable, then it will never function.

I try to study usability successes and failures in my everyday life, so you can guess I'm a Mac guy. Still it goes beyond that. I try to see where even Mac fails. I love coming up with concepts to make usability simpler. All this I feel roots for a love of problem solving, for creating something that is usable is solving the problem of how should this product be used.

With all that said, a friend, xoxo Laurie, has passed a site my way that is all about the failed usability of everyday items. Enjoy.

http://www.thisisbroken.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home